2011-2012 Mustang GT/GT500 Roush Axle Back Exhaust (421127)
Give your 2011-2012 5.0L Mustang the wild howl
of American muscle that it deserves. This innovative new exhaust system
from Roush features a hollow muffler chamber. Conventional muffler
chambers are packed with fiberglass, which breaks down over time and
clogs up airflow. The result: Roush's Mustang axle back exhaust offers a
unique, uninhibited sound.
Roush's system sounds great outside the car, but
it is designed to eliminate the annoying in-cockpit boom normally found
with performance exhaust systems at cruising speeds.
Not only does this Mustang exhaust sound good,
it looks great and is made to last. The pipes and muffler are made from
409 stainless steel, and the round tips are made from high-quality 304
The exhaust tips are finished with a chrome
flashing process. Conventional chrome plating uses layers of bonded
chemicals to achieve its shiny appearance, but are susceptible to
cracking and flaking especially when exposed to high exhaust
temperatures. Roush's chrome flashing bonds to the tips' surface, and as
a result, is impervious to cracking and resistant to heat color change.
As you would expect, the installation of Roush's
2011-2012 Mustang GT exhaust system is quick and easy. It uses the
factory hanger mountings, so you don't have to fabricate your own. This
kit also features new OE-quality spherical clamps for a better fit.
- Gives your Mustang GT a distinct aggressive sound .
- Hollow chamber yields higher airflow, and an uninhibited roar.
- Finely tuned system avoids the annoying in-car boom, which can occur with other systems.
- Uses 409 stainless steel in the construction of the pipes and muffler.
- Exhaust tips are made from 304 stainless steel and finished with a heat-resistant chrome flashing process.
- No negative impact on any type of emission devices.
- Fits both Ford factory and Roush rear valance.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 15 June, 2011.